Friday 28 November 2008

Making 3D geometric shapes


At school today some of the children constructed 3D geometric shapes from print outs that I got from
here. This is an extension that I do with the children when they are working with the geometric solids. These pictures are of Little-Ns work and I am happy that his addiction to cutting made it possible for him to be very accurate with his cutting, I'm surprised he didn't accidentally snip off a corner.

All the children only made the cube and pyramid, Little-N decided to make more. After making the cone he begged to make another shape, but I told him we'd have to leave it to another day.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I know this post is a bit dated, but I just came across it. I just wanted to say that my son was sitting next to me and now he is off making his own shapes (he is currently trying to hand-design them himself before using a print-out - he's 7 and very crafty, so we'll see what he comes up with!).